CROSSWORD No 197
1. Remove or take away something from a particular place or position.
2. A type of road vehicle used for transporting goods or people. Internet top-level domain for the Republic of Ireland. An immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law.
3. An agent noun suffix. A piece of fabric with a distinctive design and colours, used as a symbol. The symbol for nobelium.
4. The Roman numeral for 50. The unit of money used in the USA. North.
5. To take or bear something from one place to another. A great deal.
6. The smallest particle of a chemical element that can exist. A piece of clothing that is worn on the hand.
7. North. A tropical bird with a curved beak and brightly-coloured or grey feathers. North.
8. The Internet top-level domain for Iceland. Having no superfluous fat. Millisecond.
9. Chief executive officer. The indefinite article used before an initial vowel sound. A yellow and black flying insect that makes honey and can sting you.
10. Seven less than twenty.
1. Relating to or produced by a volcano or volcanoes.
2. A state of armed conflict between states. Preposition used to show an exact position or particular place. Fix.
3. A preposition. To fall or to allow something to fall. Exclamation.
4. Temperature. Done in accordance with convention or etiquette. The Roman numeral for one.
5. Having many hills. To care for young animals or children until they are able to care for themselves.
6. An agreement or an arrangement, especially in business. To consent to perform or fulfil.
7. Roentgen. A unit of liquid or dry capacity equal to eight pints or 4.55 litres. The fifth letter of the alphabet.
8. Adverb used in comparisons to refer to the degree of something. The organ of a plant that typically lies below the surface of the soil. Exist.
9. To gain a prize or award in competition. Abbreviation for television. The plural of man.
10. Spoken or written words that have no meaning or make no sense.