CROSSWORD No 169
1. Join, stitching. Before doing anything else.
2. A flat board on which instruments or controls are fixed. Not one.
3. Part of an unbroken curved line. A thing that is said, written, or done as a reaction to a question, statement, or situation.
4. Hinder, restrain, or prevent an action or process. The first person singular of the present tense of be.
5. The fourteenth letter of the alphabet. Preposition. The rear surface of the human body from the shoulders to the hips.
6. A structure that is curved at the top and is supported on either side by a pillar, post, or wall. Negative. Abbreviation for page.
7. Abbreviation for manuscript . A cultivated plant of the daisy family, with edible leaves that are eaten in salads.
8. Suppose to be the case, without proof. Your male child.
9. A tall, slender-leaved plant of the grass family, which grows in water or on marshy ground. Belonging to or relating to Asia or its people.
10. Guide, direct. And no one or nothing more besides.
1. Country in SW Europe, on the Iberian peninsula. The seventh largest planet of the solar system and the fourth in distance from the sun.
2. Obtain money in return for labour or services. A useful or valuable thing or person.
3. Any device that holds something else secure. Discern visually.
4. Pronoun used by a speaker to refer to himself or herself as the object of a verb or preposition. Comprise or contain as part of a whole.
5. A laboratory. The edge of a piece of cloth or clothing which has been turned under and sewn. The eighteenth letter of the English alphabet.
6. Fahrenheit. The pointed end part of a pen, which distributes the ink on the writing surface. A hot drink made by infusing the dried crushed leaves of the tea plant in boiling water.
7. Happening or coming immediately. To the same extent as.
8. A number of people or things in a more or less straight line. A child of one's uncle or aunt.
9. Move or go in a furtive or stealthy way. A combustible compact black or dark-brown carbonaceous rock.
10. Word. A British bronze coin and monetary unit equal to one hundredth of a pound.