CROSSWORD No 154
1. A round green seed which grow in long thin case and is eaten as a vegetable. The past tense of swim. Used to mean zero.
2. Used to mean zero. One of a matching pair of coverings shaped to fit the foot. Say something in order to obtain an answer or some information.
3. A reflected radio or radar beam. The past tense of lend.
4. A title used before a surname or full name to address or refer to a man without a higher or honorific or professional title. A sheltered walk or promenade. Adverb used to emphasize an amount.
5. Not closed or blocked. Suffering pain from a part of one's body.
6. Be in debt. Also, in addition. Used more generally to represent a number that is not known or exact.
7. The first vowel. Additionally. A small bed with high barred sides for a baby or very young child.
8. The past tense of tear. A person who uses or operates something.
9. Hello. Shoot. An exclamation expressing pleasure, pain, sympathy, etc.
10. Not on time. Qualified.
1. Verse composition. A solemn promise, often invoking a divine witness, regarding one's future action or behaviour.
2. The fifth letter of the alphabet. A large black bird which makes a loud, harsh noise. A smooth, thick liquid that is used as a fuel and for making the parts of machines move smoothly.
3. The nonvolatile products and residue formed when matter is burnt. A sweet, juicy, yellow or green fruit with a round base and slightly pointed top. The first vowel.
4. The place where one lives permanently, especially as a member of a family or household. Antonym of right.
5. Extremely, very much. Social insects. Abbreviation for id est.
6. In a good or satisfactory way. 60 minutes.
7. The first vowel. Other, different. Ocean.
8. An adult human male. On one occasion or for one time only. The seventh note in the scale of C major.
9. Another word for asterisk. Relating to the mouth.
10. Used to express agreement or acceptance. Posted. Abbreviation for 'His Eminence'.