CROSSWORD No 136
1. Dried stalks of grain, used especially as fodder. Trial, experiment.
2. A large, tall machine used for moving heavy objects by suspending them from a projecting arm or beam. A promise, especially that you will tell the truth in a law court.
3. The sister of one's father or mother. Personal pronoun in the first person singular. Any of the five digits at the end of the human foot.
4. A primary color in the RGB color model. The nonvolatile products and residue formed when matter is burnt. Otherwise.
5. Situated or leading in a direction away from a main route or intersection. Skilled.
6. At some unspecified or unknown time.
7. At or to a higher price, value, or rank. A wild mammal's hidden home. A formal or polite term of address for a man.
8. To capture or seize. The eighteenth letter of the English alphabet. A website.
9. Relating to Arabian people. A thing used as an example to follow or imitate.
10. Not generally occurring. Nemesis.
1. A mark left on part of the body after an injury, such as a cut, has healed. A sweet crystalline substance obtained from sugar cane.
2. Accurate, correct. A formal play in which all or most of the words are sung.
3. Haphazard. A black substance, sticky when hot, used especially for making roads.
4. Insect that nests underground. The past tense of feed. The symbol for beryllium.
5. The plural of I. In the time following.
6. Information systems. Inside. A pronoun.
7. Preposition used to mark the infinitive of a verb. Salted or smoked meat from the upper part of a pig's leg. A male descendant.
8. Chew and swallow. At the side of.
9. A seat without a back or arms, typically resting on three or four legs or on a single pedestal. An entry in an account.
10. In that place. To have trust or confidence.