CROSSWORD No 126
1. An untidy collection of objects placed haphazardly on top of each other. The faculty of consciousness and thought.
2. The seventh note in the scale of C major. Military forces. East.
3. A unit for measuring area, equal to 4,047 square metres or 4,840 square yards. Abbreviation for New Testament. Preposition used to refer to the function or character that someone or something has.
4. Pleasantly brown skin caused by being in the hot sun. Refers to a nonhuman. To make a request or demand.
5. The colour at the end of the visible spectrum of light, next to orange and opposite violet. A promise, especially that you will tell the truth in a law court.
6. The eighteenth letter of the alphabet. Very, extremely, or to such a degree. Used with the base form of a verb to indicate that the verb is in the infinitive. Symbol for second.
7. Do something. Abbreviation for id est. A diagrammatic representation of an area of land or sea showing physical features, cities, roads, etc.
8. A negative response. Social insects. Exist.
9. An animal related to sheep that usually has horns and a beard. A strong thick rope, usually of twisted hemp or steel wire.
10. Older, senior. Coloured.
1. A specially shaped piece of wood used for hitting the ball in some games. The area of variation between upper and lower limits on a particular scale.
2. A consonant. One of the separate sections of a train. Of or at a fairly low temperature.
3. Resulting from or showing sincere and intense conviction. An advertisement.
4. Form of be. Perform a particular task. Fed.
5. An abbreviation for the Prime Minister. The symbol for iodine. Into something. The eighteenth letter of the alphabet.
6. To the inside of. Used at the end of a list to indicate that further, similar items are included.
7. UK abbreviation for the Met Office. Preposition used to show an exact or a particular time. Causing or characterized by sorrow or regret.
8. Third person singular present of be. The smallest constituent unit of ordinary matter that has the properties of a chemical element. Near to or next to.
9. North. Fine particles of lava thrown out by an erupting volcano. Having considerable skill, proficiency, or intelligence.
10. A table, often with drawers, which you sit at to write or work. The rate at which someone or something moves or operates.